- This meeting has passed.
S: Autumn meeting – Glasgow Botanic Garden
October 10 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Leader: Chris Nicholson
10.00: Arrival, greetings, tea/coffee
10.30: Tour of the glass houses and filmy fern house
12.00: Plant sales & BPS book sales
13.15: Illustrated talks:
Chris Nicholson: ‘Adder’s-Tongue on Barra’
Richard East: ‘Update on the Fossil Grove fernery’
Bridget Laue: ‘Ferns in Taiwan’
14.45: Review of the Scottish group 2021 programme
15.00: Planning the Scottish group programme for 2022
16.00: Meeting closes
– The meeting will be held in the Hopkirk Building at Glasgow Botanics.
– We need to know numbers, so please let me know if you plan to come along; if you need directions, let me know.
– If you have some extra ferns, please bring them for the Plant Sale; proceeds are used
to help defray group expenses.
– Please bring ideas about fern excursions for 2022. We also need people to lead or
host these events.
– Please bring your own lunch.
– Tea and coffee will be provided, but please bring your own mug.
– Please wear a mask in the Hopkirk Building and Glasshouses.
– Parking is available in the yard behind the Main Range (brown glasshouses), vehicle entrance on Queen Margaret’s Drive
– NB Remember the Glasgow subway does not open until 10am on Sundays.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO LET US KNOW IF YOU ARE COMING
Bridget: 0131 258 9592 firstname.lastname@example.org